For years now Desiree Dolron (Netherlands, b. 1963) has travelled around the world. Whatever corner of the world she finds herself in, she has invariably returned with uniquely personal records of her journeys.
Dolron’s acute vision meshes traditional reportage photography and computer enhancement to create a richer version of a genre that many believe to be tired and overused. The stillness and subtlety that is evoked by her seamless work has created a 21st century vision at odds with traditional photographic practice. Her references are obvious, but the results are a revelation. Perfection, often disappointing in practice, is in Dolron’s work, a newer vision.
Michael Hoppen Gallery has previously exhibited Dolron's Te dí todos mis sueños (Cuba) series of work in 2003 which followed by the much talked about Xteriors in 2004 on the contemporary floor.
Since then Dolron's reputation and recognition as one of the leading contemporary artist has excided our own expectations - supported by her first retrospective show of work from 1990-2005 presented by the Fotomuseum den Haag (The Hague Museum of Photography).
The associated book, Desiree Dolron, contains her four most important series: Gaze, Exaltation, Xteriors and Te dí todos mis sueños.
View all works from Desiree Dolron
Artist(s): Desiree Dolron
- Retna works available
- My nose My stekkerdoos by Studio Job & Lensvelt
- Pipsqueak was here!!! auction at Bonhams, London
- The London Police at Look for Art Gallery
- Should you invest in Banksy?
- Last Books: Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf, signed
- 12/04/13 – 14/06/13 Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf
- New David Spiller Prints
- Cathleen Naundorf Haute Couture
- Pipsqueak was here: Read the room installation
- 5-10 Februari Art at the Warehouse
- What a Job! Prints
- BMW M Z3 Coupe by Anton Corbijn
- New Neon’s by Pipsqueak was here!!! at Bubbles
- Book signing SHOE American Bookstore, Spui
- New work by Zeus(UK)
- November Avro Street Art maand op televisie
- Artwork Erwin Stienstra in Groningen
- Urban Art Auction at Bonhams
- Plastic People by Peter Hebbing & Paul Ruigrok
- 14-11-12 / 12-12-12 Richard Kuiper in Vanitas; Contemporary Reflections MOMA Moscow
- 21/10/12 Richard Kuiper in the National Center for Contemporary Arts Arsenal Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- New work by Zeus!
- Please Share & Vote for Pipsqueak was here!!!
- new works by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Russian Women by Alice Wielinga
- Cris Toala Olivares, an amazing photographer!
- Best auction results street artists under 40
- JR Inside Out in Tilburg! Moeders gezocht..
- Time lapse in Beijing by Alice Wielinga
- 30 Augustus opening “Fijne Hanen” van Alice Wielinga & Cris Toala Olivares
- From Zero to Hero meet Hereford & Capt. Hereford at Het Arsenaal
- Interview with Matt Small on BBC
- You are not Banksy, now available by Nick Stern!
- New print release EINE, with great promo video
- Oranje Kunst!
- Street Artist Ben EINE makes it into Amsterdam
- Pipsqueak was here!!! Wall at Krakeling, Amsterdam
- 21st of June – 17th of August ‘t Hollands stilleven in plastic by Richard Kuiper
- Preview Kunst Rai, stand 44, Look for Art Gallery
- Jesse Faber: Recycled Rembrandt Paintings
- New work by Paul Blanca!
- New David Spiller Prints
- 24 May 2012 Opening W Books Store, with art from Look for Art Gallery
- Lastplak skate bowl in Jordaan, Amsterdam
- Invest in Art NOW: Philips de Pury sets new record for Basquiat!
- Invest in Art NOW; another evening sale with record prices
- Bear Market? Invest in Art NOW
- Punk Princess by Alice Wielinga