Par la pluie des femmes
Robert Mapplethorpe: " Paul Blanca Is My Only Competitor "
Paul Blanca was born in 1958 in Amsterdam and started photography in 1980. He did not go to art acadamy, but choose his own teachers like the ballet choreographer and photographer Hans van Manen, the painter Jean Paul Vroom, designer Benno Premsela and photographer Robert Mapplethorpe.
The eighties and ninethies Blanca travelled and worked a lot in New York, went to the civil war in Lebanon (Beirut) and followed for several years the Bullfight in Spain where he rented studios in Zaragoza, Barcelona, Sevilla and Madrid. The end of the Tauro Maquina he worked with the female rjonadora (bullfighter on horseback) Marie Sara in Nimes the south of France.
In 1992 he lived for one year in Egypt, followed with a year in New York. Since then he lives and works mostly in the Netherlands,
which he combines with visits in Spain where he already undertook the pelgrimage to Santiago the Compostella for this year (2009) for the
fifth time. Paul Blanca now lives and works in Amsterdam Holland.
View all works from Paul Blanca
Par la pluie des femmes
Artist(s): Paul Blanca
- super rare new work of The London Police
- The London Police post summer tour Miami downtown
- The London Police with Dan Aykroyd
- The London Police post summer tour…
- Alexandre Farto a.k.a. Vhils at EDP Foundation
- Sotheby’s talks to Steve Lazarides about Banksy
- The London Police at auction in Beverly Hills
- New works by Mat Small
- Works on paper by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Introducing Mick La Rock at Stroke Art Fair 2014
- New work available by the London Police!
- Stroke Art Fair 2014, Munich
- Pipsqueak was here!!! Huge Wall at the Student Hotel
- 4-4-2014 MTV REDEFINE AUCTION
- Street Art comes off the streets at the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Release of two Prints of the London Police at the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Preparing for the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Pipsqueak was here!!! at the Moniker Art Fair London
- Look for Art Gallery at Moniker Art Fair, London
- Banksy: Market still buoyant
- Opening the London Police & Zeus great success
- 5th July – 4th Sept. The London Police and Zeus(UK)
- Retna works available
- My nose My stekkerdoos by Studio Job & Lensvelt
- Pipsqueak was here!!! auction at Bonhams, London
- The London Police at Look for Art Gallery
- Should you invest in Banksy?
- Last Books: Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf, signed
- 12/04/13 – 14/06/13 Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf
- New David Spiller Prints
- Cathleen Naundorf Haute Couture
- Pipsqueak was here: Read the room installation
- 5-10 Februari Art at the Warehouse
- What a Job! Prints
- BMW M Z3 Coupe by Anton Corbijn
- New Neon’s by Pipsqueak was here!!! at Bubbles
- Book signing SHOE American Bookstore, Spui
- New work by Zeus(UK)
- November Avro Street Art maand op televisie
- Artwork Erwin Stienstra in Groningen
- Urban Art Auction at Bonhams
- Plastic People by Peter Hebbing & Paul Ruigrok
- 14-11-12 / 12-12-12 Richard Kuiper in Vanitas; Contemporary Reflections MOMA Moscow
- 21/10/12 Richard Kuiper in the National Center for Contemporary Arts Arsenal Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- New work by Zeus!
- Please Share & Vote for Pipsqueak was here!!!
- new works by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Russian Women by Alice Wielinga
- Cris Toala Olivares, an amazing photographer!