Outside the Box
Giles Walker is a scrap artist who has been transforming the industrial waste of contemporary society into fully functional robotic systems for over 20 years.
A member of the prolific guerilla-art group THE MUTOID WASTE COMPANY, his kinetic robots affirm the value of creative intervention into throw-away capitalist culture and coherently reflect on the surveillance practices that mark our time, the complexity of current technologically mediated social relations and the ever dissolving boundary that separates man from machine.
His work has been exhibited across the world, touring in Europe, Japan, Australia, Russia and Ukraine and was featured at the UK’s first Kinetica Art Fair in 2009.
This year his two cyborg pole dancers, a work entitled Peepshow that draws a sinister link between surveillance systems and voyeurism, were included in the V & A exhibition “Decode- Digital Design Sensations”, which showcased a selection of the foremost contemporary artists working in the field of digital and interactive design. (text: Black Rat Projects)
View all works from Giles Walker
Outside the Box
Artist(s): Giles Walker
- The London Police with Dan Aykroyd
- The London Police post summer tour…
- Alexandre Farto a.k.a. Vhils at EDP Foundation
- Sotheby’s talks to Steve Lazarides about Banksy
- The London Police at auction in Beverly Hills
- New works by Mat Small
- Works on paper by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Introducing Mick La Rock at Stroke Art Fair 2014
- New work available by the London Police!
- Stroke Art Fair 2014, Munich
- Pipsqueak was here!!! Huge Wall at the Student Hotel
- 4-4-2014 MTV REDEFINE AUCTION
- Street Art comes off the streets at the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Release of two Prints of the London Police at the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Preparing for the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Pipsqueak was here!!! at the Moniker Art Fair London
- Look for Art Gallery at Moniker Art Fair, London
- Banksy: Market still buoyant
- Opening the London Police & Zeus great success
- 5th July – 4th Sept. The London Police and Zeus(UK)
- Retna works available
- My nose My stekkerdoos by Studio Job & Lensvelt
- Pipsqueak was here!!! auction at Bonhams, London
- The London Police at Look for Art Gallery
- Should you invest in Banksy?
- Last Books: Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf, signed
- 12/04/13 – 14/06/13 Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf
- New David Spiller Prints
- Cathleen Naundorf Haute Couture
- Pipsqueak was here: Read the room installation
- 5-10 Februari Art at the Warehouse
- What a Job! Prints
- BMW M Z3 Coupe by Anton Corbijn
- New Neon’s by Pipsqueak was here!!! at Bubbles
- Book signing SHOE American Bookstore, Spui
- New work by Zeus(UK)
- November Avro Street Art maand op televisie
- Artwork Erwin Stienstra in Groningen
- Urban Art Auction at Bonhams
- Plastic People by Peter Hebbing & Paul Ruigrok
- 14-11-12 / 12-12-12 Richard Kuiper in Vanitas; Contemporary Reflections MOMA Moscow
- 21/10/12 Richard Kuiper in the National Center for Contemporary Arts Arsenal Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- New work by Zeus!
- Please Share & Vote for Pipsqueak was here!!!
- new works by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Russian Women by Alice Wielinga
- Cris Toala Olivares, an amazing photographer!
- Best auction results street artists under 40
- JR Inside Out in Tilburg! Moeders gezocht..