Outside the Box
Giles Walker is a scrap artist who has been transforming the industrial waste of contemporary society into fully functional robotic systems for over 20 years.
A member of the prolific guerilla-art group THE MUTOID WASTE COMPANY, his kinetic robots affirm the value of creative intervention into throw-away capitalist culture and coherently reflect on the surveillance practices that mark our time, the complexity of current technologically mediated social relations and the ever dissolving boundary that separates man from machine.
His work has been exhibited across the world, touring in Europe, Japan, Australia, Russia and Ukraine and was featured at the UK’s first Kinetica Art Fair in 2009.
This year his two cyborg pole dancers, a work entitled Peepshow that draws a sinister link between surveillance systems and voyeurism, were included in the V & A exhibition “Decode- Digital Design Sensations”, which showcased a selection of the foremost contemporary artists working in the field of digital and interactive design. (text: Black Rat Projects)
View all works from Giles Walker
Outside the Box
Artist(s): Giles Walker
- 1-31 August Pop Up Summer exhibition Willemspark weg 66 Amsterdam
- available works by Dalek a.k.a. James Marshall
- 14th June Finisage Breda Street Art Exhibition
- NEW ARTIST PRO176
- NY city Metro Maps by Blade King of Graffiti
- Banksy & INKIE’s Silent Majority at auction
- Rare original paintings by the London Police
- Works available by Niels Shoe Meulman
- Works available by KAWS
- Works available by Faile
- Works available by Jon Burgerman
- 22 May – 31 May 2015 unique exhibition BLADE, INKIE, SHOE
- Cranio mural in Breda for the Graphic Design Festival Breda
- Limited time edition print by Handiedan, closes today at 18pm C.E.T.
- Works available by Logan Hicks
- New artist Handiedan
- Abstract Vandalism, a manifesto by Niels Shoe Meulman
- 17 April – 17 June Breda Street Art Exhibition
- U2 films of innocence
- New artist Jon Burgerman
- New Artist Logan Hicks
- Miami Marine Stadium
- super rare new work of The London Police
- The London Police post summer tour Miami downtown
- The London Police with Dan Aykroyd
- The London Police post summer tour…
- Alexandre Farto a.k.a. Vhils at EDP Foundation
- Sotheby’s talks to Steve Lazarides about Banksy
- The London Police at auction in Beverly Hills
- New works by Mat Small
- Works on paper by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Introducing Mick La Rock at Stroke Art Fair 2014
- New work available by the London Police!
- Stroke Art Fair 2014, Munich
- Pipsqueak was here!!! Huge Wall at the Student Hotel
- 4-4-2014 MTV REDEFINE AUCTION
- Street Art comes off the streets at the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Release of two Prints of the London Police at the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Preparing for the Moniker Art Fair 2013
- Pipsqueak was here!!! at the Moniker Art Fair London
- Look for Art Gallery at Moniker Art Fair, London
- Banksy: Market still buoyant
- Opening the London Police & Zeus great success
- 5th July – 4th Sept. The London Police and Zeus(UK)
- Retna works available
- My nose My stekkerdoos by Studio Job & Lensvelt
- Pipsqueak was here!!! auction at Bonhams, London
- The London Police at Look for Art Gallery
- Should you invest in Banksy?