'A fortunate stroke within the realm of Contemporary Art: nothing is passé, only
recycled. This takes on a literal connotation with Dutch artist Jesse Faber.
Resurrecting the technique and mystery of the Dutch Golden Age has been seen
before through the lenses of traditional painting and photography in the last six
decades, but Faber's unique vision includes the oft-forgotten materials in which
masterpieces are transported and protected. Faber paints directly onto the
surfaces of cardboard boxes, with diagrams of proper handling and words like
'fragile' showing through the stoic sitters of the early 17th century. A potent
reminder, courtesy of Faber: what is old is new, what is new is soon historic.'
Robert Fontaine, gallery director, 2012
Jesse Faber was born in the Netherlands in 1973. Faber is professionally trained
as a painter, filmmaker and actor. He graduated Cum Laude from the Royal Academy
of Art, The Hague in 1999. Faber's work has been shown in The Hague, Amsterdam,
Paris and Miami. His work is represented by the Look for Art Gallery, Amsterdam &
Robert Fontaine Gallery, Miami,USA. Faber lives and works in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
View all works from Jesse Faber
Artist(s): Jesse Faber
- Retna works available
- My nose My stekkerdoos by Studio Job & Lensvelt
- Pipsqueak was here!!! auction at Bonhams, London
- The London Police at Look for Art Gallery
- Should you invest in Banksy?
- Last Books: Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf, signed
- 12/04/13 – 14/06/13 Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf
- New David Spiller Prints
- Cathleen Naundorf Haute Couture
- Pipsqueak was here: Read the room installation
- 5-10 Februari Art at the Warehouse
- What a Job! Prints
- BMW M Z3 Coupe by Anton Corbijn
- New Neon’s by Pipsqueak was here!!! at Bubbles
- Book signing SHOE American Bookstore, Spui
- New work by Zeus(UK)
- November Avro Street Art maand op televisie
- Artwork Erwin Stienstra in Groningen
- Urban Art Auction at Bonhams
- Plastic People by Peter Hebbing & Paul Ruigrok
- 14-11-12 / 12-12-12 Richard Kuiper in Vanitas; Contemporary Reflections MOMA Moscow
- 21/10/12 Richard Kuiper in the National Center for Contemporary Arts Arsenal Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- New work by Zeus!
- Please Share & Vote for Pipsqueak was here!!!
- new works by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Russian Women by Alice Wielinga
- Cris Toala Olivares, an amazing photographer!
- Best auction results street artists under 40
- JR Inside Out in Tilburg! Moeders gezocht..
- Time lapse in Beijing by Alice Wielinga
- 30 Augustus opening “Fijne Hanen” van Alice Wielinga & Cris Toala Olivares
- From Zero to Hero meet Hereford & Capt. Hereford at Het Arsenaal
- Interview with Matt Small on BBC
- You are not Banksy, now available by Nick Stern!
- New print release EINE, with great promo video
- Oranje Kunst!
- Street Artist Ben EINE makes it into Amsterdam
- Pipsqueak was here!!! Wall at Krakeling, Amsterdam
- 21st of June – 17th of August ‘t Hollands stilleven in plastic by Richard Kuiper
- Preview Kunst Rai, stand 44, Look for Art Gallery
- Jesse Faber: Recycled Rembrandt Paintings
- New work by Paul Blanca!
- New David Spiller Prints
- 24 May 2012 Opening W Books Store, with art from Look for Art Gallery
- Lastplak skate bowl in Jordaan, Amsterdam
- Invest in Art NOW: Philips de Pury sets new record for Basquiat!
- Invest in Art NOW; another evening sale with record prices
- Bear Market? Invest in Art NOW
- Punk Princess by Alice Wielinga