Chris Tap (b. 1973, Amsterdam) attended university for a few years, where he studied economy and cultural anthropology, before he went to become a full time sculptor. In the last 12 years he developed his passion in an autodidact manner. Aside from studying anatomy Chris has spent a lot of time in Zoo's. with live models of big cats.
Helped by faith, Chris came across the rare opportunity at the Amsterdam Zoo Artis to see cats from the closest distance possible, when they were given an anesthetic for medical reasons. Careful he measured up the big cats from every angle to the smallest details > the muscles, the bones, the eyes, how far is the distance between the eyes, etc. He took a close look at a jaguar called ‘Inaja’.
At Artis, the zoo of amsterdam (Netherlands) he came across an equal opportunity to study a huge male lion ‘Jan’.
Tap is fascinated mostly by cats. The power they posses, the flexibility and grand style in which they move.
He is the second generation of artists in his family – his father Wim Tap is a well known artist in Holland- www.tapartgallery.nl – which means Chris knows the craft from very close by since he was born.
Tap exhibited his works in gallery's, art fairs etc. in several countries.
View all works from Chris Tap
Artist(s): Chris Tap
- 4th July – 4th Sept. The London Police and Zeus(UK)
- Retna works available
- My nose My stekkerdoos by Studio Job & Lensvelt
- Pipsqueak was here!!! auction at Bonhams, London
- The London Police at Look for Art Gallery
- Should you invest in Banksy?
- Last Books: Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf, signed
- 12/04/13 – 14/06/13 Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf
- New David Spiller Prints
- Cathleen Naundorf Haute Couture
- Pipsqueak was here: Read the room installation
- 5-10 Februari Art at the Warehouse
- What a Job! Prints
- BMW M Z3 Coupe by Anton Corbijn
- New Neon’s by Pipsqueak was here!!! at Bubbles
- Book signing SHOE American Bookstore, Spui
- New work by Zeus(UK)
- November Avro Street Art maand op televisie
- Artwork Erwin Stienstra in Groningen
- Urban Art Auction at Bonhams
- Plastic People by Peter Hebbing & Paul Ruigrok
- 14-11-12 / 12-12-12 Richard Kuiper in Vanitas; Contemporary Reflections MOMA Moscow
- 21/10/12 Richard Kuiper in the National Center for Contemporary Arts Arsenal Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- New work by Zeus!
- Please Share & Vote for Pipsqueak was here!!!
- new works by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Russian Women by Alice Wielinga
- Cris Toala Olivares, an amazing photographer!
- Best auction results street artists under 40
- JR Inside Out in Tilburg! Moeders gezocht..
- Time lapse in Beijing by Alice Wielinga
- 30 Augustus opening “Fijne Hanen” van Alice Wielinga & Cris Toala Olivares
- From Zero to Hero meet Hereford & Capt. Hereford at Het Arsenaal
- Interview with Matt Small on BBC
- You are not Banksy, now available by Nick Stern!
- New print release EINE, with great promo video
- Oranje Kunst!
- Street Artist Ben EINE makes it into Amsterdam
- Pipsqueak was here!!! Wall at Krakeling, Amsterdam
- 21st of June – 17th of August ‘t Hollands stilleven in plastic by Richard Kuiper
- Preview Kunst Rai, stand 44, Look for Art Gallery
- Jesse Faber: Recycled Rembrandt Paintings
- New work by Paul Blanca!
- New David Spiller Prints
- 24 May 2012 Opening W Books Store, with art from Look for Art Gallery
- Lastplak skate bowl in Jordaan, Amsterdam
- Invest in Art NOW: Philips de Pury sets new record for Basquiat!
- Invest in Art NOW; another evening sale with record prices
- Bear Market? Invest in Art NOW