Zeus born 1968 London, UK
1994-1997 Chelsea College of Art
Lives and works in London
During the 1980′s, a young Zeus still in his teens, met Tim Westwood, one of
the most influential figures of the 1980′s London hip-hop scene. This encounter
with Westwood and other artists from the hip-hop and house music industry such as
Paul Oakenfold and Dougie E. Fresh provided Zeus with an opportunity to explore
the potential of graffiti as a valid form of art.Graffiti art is gradually gaining
recognition as an affirmative art of our time. However, what differentiates Zeus´
art from other graffiti art is its sheer three dimensional existence. The unique
fusion of graffiti with typography and sculpture animates cliche images of
graffiti often associated with mere vandalism and juvenile self-expression.His
Fish Tank (2002) sculpture is an amicable embrace of the real city environment.
Similarly, his profile landscape series, such as Graffiti Lanscape #1 (2005) and
3D Zeus 01 (2007) strongly reminiscent of architectural scale models offers the
beholder an intriguing visual experience in which graffiti emerges from a two
dimensional wall transforming to the elegant mixture of fine art forms, street
images, architectural drawings and perspectives.
Zeus works were exhibited at StreetStyle show in the Victoria & Albert museum
in 1996. He was invited to teach Prince Charles how to spray paint as part of
a Prince’s Trust initiative. Also Garrads, the Crown Jewellers, commissioned him
to redesign the windows and display cabinets. Since 2006, Zeus has expanded
his sculptural works to the creation of graffiti furniture.
View all works from Zeus
- Retna works available
- My nose My stekkerdoos by Studio Job & Lensvelt
- Pipsqueak was here!!! auction at Bonhams, London
- The London Police at Look for Art Gallery
- Should you invest in Banksy?
- Last Books: Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf, signed
- 12/04/13 – 14/06/13 Haute Couture by Cathleen Naundorf
- New David Spiller Prints
- Cathleen Naundorf Haute Couture
- Pipsqueak was here: Read the room installation
- 5-10 Februari Art at the Warehouse
- What a Job! Prints
- BMW M Z3 Coupe by Anton Corbijn
- New Neon’s by Pipsqueak was here!!! at Bubbles
- Book signing SHOE American Bookstore, Spui
- New work by Zeus(UK)
- November Avro Street Art maand op televisie
- Artwork Erwin Stienstra in Groningen
- Urban Art Auction at Bonhams
- Plastic People by Peter Hebbing & Paul Ruigrok
- 14-11-12 / 12-12-12 Richard Kuiper in Vanitas; Contemporary Reflections MOMA Moscow
- 21/10/12 Richard Kuiper in the National Center for Contemporary Arts Arsenal Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- New work by Zeus!
- Please Share & Vote for Pipsqueak was here!!!
- new works by Pipsqueak was here!!!
- Russian Women by Alice Wielinga
- Cris Toala Olivares, an amazing photographer!
- Best auction results street artists under 40
- JR Inside Out in Tilburg! Moeders gezocht..
- Time lapse in Beijing by Alice Wielinga
- 30 Augustus opening “Fijne Hanen” van Alice Wielinga & Cris Toala Olivares
- From Zero to Hero meet Hereford & Capt. Hereford at Het Arsenaal
- Interview with Matt Small on BBC
- You are not Banksy, now available by Nick Stern!
- New print release EINE, with great promo video
- Oranje Kunst!
- Street Artist Ben EINE makes it into Amsterdam
- Pipsqueak was here!!! Wall at Krakeling, Amsterdam
- 21st of June – 17th of August ‘t Hollands stilleven in plastic by Richard Kuiper
- Preview Kunst Rai, stand 44, Look for Art Gallery
- Jesse Faber: Recycled Rembrandt Paintings
- New work by Paul Blanca!
- New David Spiller Prints
- 24 May 2012 Opening W Books Store, with art from Look for Art Gallery
- Lastplak skate bowl in Jordaan, Amsterdam
- Invest in Art NOW: Philips de Pury sets new record for Basquiat!
- Invest in Art NOW; another evening sale with record prices
- Bear Market? Invest in Art NOW
- Punk Princess by Alice Wielinga